July 11, 2016
This is to announce the Election Process 2016 for the leadership positions of Multi-Stakeholder Steering Group (MSG).
Current chair that have served for 1 term and are concluding after APrIGF Taipei 2016:
Vice Chair: Mr. Chester Soong, ISOC Hong Kong (Civil Society) (2014-2016)
Vacant Position: Vice Chair of MSG (2016 - 2018)
According to the Election Procedure, a call for Election Committee has been opened from 10 Jun (Fri) - 24 Jun (Fri) 2016. After MSG discussion, below are the final members of Election Committee 2016
- Hiro-Hotta, Japan (Private Sector/Technical)
- Maureen Hilyard, Cook Island (Civil Society)
- Ali Hussain, Pakistan (Private Sector)
|Wed 22 June
|Appointment of the Election Committee
|Fri 8 July
|Announce the ELECTION PROCESS
|Mon 11 July
|OPENING DATE for accepting NOMINATIONS for election candidates (and their bios)
|Fri 29 July
|CLOSING DATE for accepting nominations
|Mon 1 Aug
|Publication of the SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES with their bios
|Mon 1 Aug
|Announcement online and notification to ACTIVE MSG VOTING MEMBERS of their eligibility to vote (as per Guideline 11.1)
|Wed 3 Aug
|Interactive Q&A Session with Candidates in MSG Bi-weekly Meeting
|Mon 1 Aug - Mon 15 Aug
|Online Q&A platform Open
|Mon 8 Aug
Opening date of elections
|Mon 15 Aug
Closing date of elections
|By Wed 17 Aug
|Announcement of the Final Election Result & Publication on the APrIGF website
Eligibility of Candidates
Candidates for leadership (Chair or Vice-Chairs) in any election year are open to every MSG member as well as non- MSG members. However, it is desirable that all candidates possess the following qualification.
- Must work and reside in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Represent one of the listed stakeholders in section 4.0 but not limited to the list.
- Volunteers who have been active in the APrIGF activities and the Internet Governance space.
- MSG members with leadership potential and demonstrated long term commitment to the MSG's goals
- In the event of conflict of interest, MSG must declare his/her status at the earliest to the MSG Chair and the Committee as an act of good faith.
Term of office
- All leadership position will not exceed two consecutive terms (or four years duration).
- Returning leaders may choose to run for election again after one cycle (or two years) has elapsed since the last date of tenure (most recent ending term date) confirmed by the Secretariat.
Nominations of candidates can be made by submitting the names, organisation, stakeholder group, a short bio and the email address of the nominee to [email protected] before the nomination period closes. Self-nominations will also be accepted. Nominees will be informed by the Election Committee and invited to accept their candidacies.
More information about the Operating Principles and Election Procedure of APrIGF MSG, please visit http://aprigf.asia/msg.html.
Thank you very much.
Secretariat of APrIGF