Mar 19, 2018
The aim of an APrIGF Fellowship is to encourage active participation in the APrIGF Program among Asia-Pacific communities. While the fellowship aims to offer financial assistance to both new and experienced participants as well as those who have or have not submitted workshop proposals, the number of selected fellows from among the large number of applications we expect to receive, will be limited to the funding that is available for our Fellowship program. The final selection decision by the Fellowship Committee will therefore be based according to a points system each member allocates to the set of evaluation criteria listed below.
Fellowship Application Deadline: 2 April 2018 (Monday), 24:00 UTC
Eligibility: Individuals from or reside in the Asia Pacific* region
*Please reference to the map of the international organizations for the definitions.
Nationality & City of Residence
- Are the applicant coming from developing or least developed countries?
- Existing number of participation from the country from the past meetings or other fellows
- Are they speakers or organisers of any submitted workshop proposals?
- Whether the applicant has engaged in any APrIGFs, global or local IGF initiatives before?
- Is the applicant a potential panelist for any selected workshop?
- Does applicant have a clear plan/vision for community engagement or other contribution to APrIGF, after the conference
Contribution to Diversity
- Whether it helps with the gender balance?
- Whether it helps to enhance the multistakeholderism concept?
Engagement Requirement of Fellows
- Attend the capacity building sessions on Prep Day and the 3-day main conference
- Attend a moderated 4-week online introductory course to Internet Governance provided by Internet Society
- Attend Fellows Pre-Conference Preparation Webinar
- Join 2018 fellows mailing list discussions
- Attend Debriefing session on Day 3
- Meet with the thematic buddy group assigned
- Participate at the Synthesis Document development process
- Serve as rapporteur of thematic tracks to provide a short summary report on each sub-themes at the closing plenary (*group work)
- Write a blog post within 300 words of your key takeaways/issues highlight from APrIGF and share online with your community
Selected fellows will be granted with full or various partial subsidies on the economy return flight ticket and accommodation based on the decision of the Program Committee. Reimbursement will be made to fellows who have fulfilled the engagement requirement.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties with the application form, please contact the secretariat at [email protected].