Dec 21, 2018
The aim of an APrIGF Fellowship is to encourage active participation in the APrIGF Program among Asia-Pacific communities. While the fellowship aims to offer financial assistance to both new and experienced participants as well as those who have or have not submitted workshop proposals, the number of selected fellows from among the large number of applications we expect to receive, will be limited to the funding that is available for our Fellowship program. The final selection decision by the Fellowship Committee will therefore be based according to a points system each member allocates to the set of evaluation criteria listed below.
Fellowship Application: 22 Dec 2018 (Saturday), 00:00 UTC to 30 Jan 2019 (Wednesday), 24:00 UTC
Eligibility: Individuals from and reside in the Asia Pacific* region
*Please reference to the map of the international organizations for the definitions.
Nationality & City of Residence
- Is the applicant coming from developing or least developed countries?
- Existing number of participation from the country from the past meetings or other fellows
- Are they speakers or organisers of any submitted workshop proposals?
- Whether the applicant has engaged in any APrIGFs, global or local IGF initiatives before?
- Is the applicant a potential panelist for any selected workshop?
- Does applicant have a clear plan/vision for community engagement or other contribution to APrIGF, after the conference
Contribution to Diversity
- Whether it helps with the gender balance?
- Whether it helps to enhance the multistakeholderism concept?
Engagement Requirement of Fellows
- Attend a moderated 4-week online introductory course to Internet Governance provided by Internet Society
- Attend Fellows Pre-Conference Preparation Webinar on 16 May 2019 (Thu) 04:00 UTC
- Join 2018 fellows mailing list discussions
- Coordinate with thematic buddy group assigned and attend 1 group coordination call
- Participate in APrIGF Synthesis Document development process
- Attend fellowship meet-up sessions
- Attend the capacity building sessions on Prep Day and the 3-day main conference
- Meet with the thematic buddy group assigned
- Participate in the APrIGF Synthesis Document development process
- Serve as rapporteur of thematic tracks to provide a short summary report on each sub-themes at the closing plenary (**Returning fellows are required to serve as buddy and help coordinate the buddy group on the rapporteur work)
- Attend Debriefing session on Day 3
- Write a blog post within 300 words of your key takeaways/issues highlight from APrIGF and share online with your community
- Complete a fellowship feedback survey within the specified deadline
- Consent to be added to fellows alumni network mailing list and social media group
- Participate on a post-conference buddy group call to review the program experience
Selected fellows will be granted with full or various partial subsidies on the economy return flight ticket and twin-sharing accommodation based on the decision of the Program Committee. Reimbursement will be made to fellows who have fulfilled the engagement requirement.
If you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact the secretariat at [email protected].