Dec 16, 2019
The aim of an APrIGF Fellowship is to encourage active participation in the APrIGF Program among Asia-Pacific communities. While the fellowship aims to offer financial assistance to both new and experienced participants as well as those who have or have not submitted workshop proposals, the number of selected fellows from among the large number of applications we expect to receive, will be limited to the funding that is available for our Fellowship program. The final selection decision by the Fellowship Committee will therefore be based according to a points system each member allocates to the set of evaluation criteria listed below.
Fellowship Application: 16 Dec 2019 (Monday) 00:00UTC – 12 Jan 2020 (Sunday) 23:59UTC
Updates: Fellowship Program 2020 Results announcement (posted on 1 Apr 2020)
Eligibility: Individuals reside in the Asia Pacific* region
*Please reference to the map of the international organizations for the definitions.
Nationality & City of Residence
- Is the applicant coming from developing or least developed countries?
- Does the country which the applicant represents contribute to the diversity of countries?
- Existing number of participation from the country from the past meetings or other fellows.
- Fellowship is distributed across sub-regions and countries within the Asia-Pacific region.
- Has the applicant engaged in any APrIGFs, global or local IGF initiatives before? If so, provide details of engagement. Engagement in the community increases the chance of an applicant getting fellowship.
- Does applicant have a clear plan/vision for community engagement or other contribution to APrIGF, after the conference.
Contribution to Diversity
- Whether it helps with the equal participation of women and gender diverse communities?
- Whether it helps to enhance the multistakeholderism concept?
- Every fellow can have an opportunity to receive APrIGF fellowship again once, i.e. one person can only accept fellowship offer 2 times altogether.
- To encourage new faces, application of fellows from last year are less likely to be accepted than new applicants, i.e. It is unlikely one person can be a fellow for 2 consecutive years.
Engagement Requirement of Fellows
- Attend a moderated 4-week online introductory course to Internet Governance provided by Internet Society (TBC)
- Attend Fellows Pre-Conference Preparation Webinar in March (TBC)
- Join 2020 fellows mailing list discussions
- Coordinate with the assigned thematic buddy group and attend 1 group coordination call
- Participate in APrIGF Synthesis Document development process
- Attend fellows-mentors meet-up sessions
- Participate in the capacity building sessions on the Prep Day
- Coordinate within the assigned thematic buddy group and attend different sessions during the 3-day main conference
- Attend daily meet-up with buddy group and report to the mentor about the sessions they have attended
- Participate in the APrIGF Synthesis Document development process
- Serve as rapporteur of thematic tracks to provide a short summary report on each sub-theme at the closing plenary (**Returning fellows are required to serve as buddy and help coordinate the buddy group on the rapporteur work)
- Attend the briefing session on Day 3
- Write a blog post within 300 words of your key takeaway/issues highlight from APrIGF and share online with your community and send link to the Secretariat within 2 weeks after the conference
- Complete a fellowship feedback survey within the specified deadline
- Consent to be added to fellows alumni network mailing list and social media groups
- Participate on the post-conference buddy group call to review the program experience
- Local community development initiative.
Selected fellows will be granted with full or various partial subsidies on the economy return flight ticket and twin-sharing accommodation based on the decision of the Fellowship Committee. Reimbursement will be made to fellows after the conference who have fulfilled the engagement requirement.
If you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact the secretariat at [email protected].